Officers Elected in 2017
- Co-Coordinator: Samuel Duncan, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Research Library
- Co-Coordinator: Alexandra Reigle, Smithsonian American Art Museum/National Portrait Gallery Library
- Progress: Significant progress toward the migration of Artist Files Revealed: Online Directory from its nonfunctional state to artistfiles.arlisna.org. Completed analysis of best hosting platform and found that the Artist Files SIG’s WordPress site to be the most stable.
- Progress: Started working with WordPress developer Marc Gratch to create custom application for the directory; analyzed old data structure and created new data structure.
- Completed: Made significant improvements to artistfiles.arlisna.org in general and included a planning document where all SIG activities can be recorded (http://artistfiles.arlisna.org/planning/)
- Pending: Revamped mission statement
- Completed: Created an RSS feed option for artistfiles.arlisna.org
- Progress: Started two new blog series on the artistfiles.arlisna.org: “Found in the Artist Files” and “Artist Files in Action”
- Completed: Rounded up all minutes and reports and posted them on artistfiles.arlisna.org (http://artistfiles.arlisna.org/meetings/)
- Completed: Updated artist files resources page (http://artistfiles.arlisna.org/resources/)
- Completed: Created leadership history page and placed it in a persistent sidebar on artistfiles.arlisna.org
- Completed: Deployed Surveymonkey survey to understand use and help determine direction for Artist Files Revealed: Online Directory; survey also addressed MARC
cataloging and contribution of records to WorldCat
- Completed: Published article referencing ARLIS/NA artist files SIG in Ephemera Society of American E-News
- Pending: Developed recommendation for updated MARC artist files coding and content
- Progress: As of today, there are 301 Artist Files SIG members; all members are now in a shared Google spreadsheet; this list evolved from attendance list at 2017 annual meeting, an export of listserv subscribers, and ongoing notification from renewing their ARLIS/NA memberships.
ARLISNA Strategic Directions
- Word on new/improved Artist Files Revealed: Online Directory should be added as a component of “Collections and Access” and “Innovation and Technology.”
Issues for Executive Board
- Question of ongoing commitment to paying for premium faceted searching plugin for our WordPress site to help with searching experience of new artist file directory.
- Continued tweaks to emails coming from ARLIS/NA from new or renewing members.
- Need for enhanced member reporting options on www.arlisna.org